Friday, March 04, 2005

I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got. Umm. Yeah.

"Well, you should've left the light on.
You should've left the light on.
Then I wouldn't have tried,
And you'd never have known.
And I wouldn't have pulled you tighter.
No, I wouldn't have pulled you close.
I wouldn't have screamed
'No I can't let you go'
If the door wasn't closed.
No I wouldn't have pulled you to me.
No I wouldn't have kissed your face.
You wouldn't have begged me to hold you
If we hadn't been there in the first place.
Ah but I know you wanted me to be there oh oh
Every look that you threw told me so.
But you should've left the light on.
You should've left the light on."

Shit.

You tell 'em Sinead.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me tell you
"’bout the ocean moving in slow motion
I see it glitter in the sun
Then it’s freezing in the moonlight
Never look back, never look back, never look away."

Yeah, I've got Simple Minds on the brain lately. This song for you.

Ride it out. As always.

March 04, 2005  
Blogger aspyre said...

Faith & Courage is my favourite of her albums.

March 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home