Tuesday, January 08, 2008

With her eyes she sees through to worlds beyond.

There are those who inspire us to be other than we thought we can be. They come, hardly staying long enough to be tangible, and leave us never the same again. Many barely survive the encounter with such a person. A few transform their lives as a result.

Today I learned of the passing of one of the greatest teachers I have ever had, even though he never meant to teach me deliberately but did so through our daily contact for many years. In fact, he used to used to laugh at the idea of teaching me, assuring me that I already knew all I needed to know if I were only to choose to see that. And not only did he show me that I need not wait for doors to open because I was my own door, but he taught me to be as he was, and as it is in all of us to be. And much of my service to others began as payments of gratitude for his, by his very presence, awakening me to the reality that every moment is perfect, not because you choose it so -- although you do -- but because it can be no other way.

He lost a swift and sudden battle with a brain tumor, that began manifesting itself by symptoms only a few months ago.

The real endings are ones that precede death itself and the most common mistake is in not knowing to end things when they end, not later.

The life the departed have is in how we live their essence. I would turn, if I could, this post into a reminder to face finality: your turn will also come to be no more.

The highest honor I can pay him now, after I spend the rest of the night on my knees sobbing out my grief in the full body passions essential to my own nature, is for me to then let go of wanting him to have stayed alive, and for me to continue live his essence myself in my own way.

RIP L.

The best shortcut of all, to the life of your dreams, is knowing that you've already arrived.

Because you have.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I hope you remember how sometimes difficult people are placed on your path, Beloved, so that you can be reminded of what you may have once put others through.

*love*

January 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember to breathe. And to slow down, especially now, when you'll want to reaffirm life.

January 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::love::

Beware making a plaything of destruction, Little Kali, especially if you are already tempting haste. And if you choose not to beware, and give in to temptation, then know I wish you have someone who welcomes your sword.

January 09, 2008  
Blogger Ladarna Daorsa said...

Malibu: Thank you.

January 14, 2008  
Blogger Ladarna Daorsa said...

Remember to breathe.

Thank you.

January 14, 2008  
Blogger Ladarna Daorsa said...

Beware making a plaything of destruction,

Thank you.

January 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home