Saturday, January 17, 2009

The same face shows youth and old age.

"When I was alive, I believed--as you do--that time was at least as real and solid as myself, and probably more so. I said 'one o'clock' as though I could see it, and 'Monday' as though I could find it on the map; and I let myself be hurried along from minute to minute, day to day, year to year, as though I were actually moving from one place to another. Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls."

The Last Unicorn
by Peter S. Beagle

Consciousness is the ability to see the whole of our lives in each moment.

Precede each significant choice of the day, my dears, with the words, what is my purpose here?

1 Comments:

Blogger aspyre said...

I believe, earnestly & quietly, that we are perfectly capable of walking through the walls of space & time, if only we could learn the trick of it. I keep searching for it in dreams & prayer.

April 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home