Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

They found me sitting in the tree last night, avoiding the party, and one of them laughed and the other said "Excessive desire for forbidden or unobtainable fruits does not lower the branches of the fruit-bearing tree. Still, no blame."

And so I am reminded that there is more usable energy in the available than there is in my desire. And it brought me back down to the grass and I felt so whole body sleepy that I ended up falling asleep at 10:30 while watching Fantasia with el poco uno. They woke me up for a shot of Tequila at midnight and I drank it without even getting up and fell back to sleep immediately.

They will chide me today for not celebrating the new year, but I am the only one who saw the dawn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you have done it! I can only imagine the cost to you, just to please us few. Glad to see you back online.

January 05, 2005  
Blogger Ladarna Daorsa said...

"Anonymous", eh? I see you have all agreed to be kind. ::waving hand dismissively:: No cost, really. When have [any of] you known me not to talk when I could pretend no one was listening? Now, shhhhhh. Leave me in silence and in the company of true strangers.

January 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home